Yes, I know that I write about colors a lot. But these are some really fabulous ideas. I wish I’d seen a list like this when I was getting married!
25 Creative Something Blue Ideas by Erica Sigel
1. Charm bracelet. Add a simple blue charm to a gold link bracelet. And on each anniversary add a new charm.
2. Earrings. Try a pair of bold blue statement earrings as an alternative to classic diamonds.
3. Necklace. Wear a blue pendant for a clean, simple and modern look.
4. Accessorize your bouquet. Have your florist wrap a blue ribbon around the stem of your bouquet.
5. Nail polish. Paint your toenails blue if you’re wearing closed-toe shoes. Our polish pick is “Blue Satin” by Chanel.
6. Eye shadow. Add a shimmery blue shadow to your lower eyelid for fun.
7. Eyeliner. A navy liner will give your eyes a more dramatic look.
8. Paint your shoes. Whoever said the soles of your shoes should to red? Paint them blue for a peekaboo something blue.
9. Handbag. Carry a blue satin clutch that’s big enough to hold all your wedding-day essentials.
10. Shawl. Wear a light blue organza shawl to cover your arms and keep you warm.
11. Underwear. Light blue panties can be a secret something blue between you and your groom. We like Hanky Panky’s thongs for both their comfort and their fit.
12. Dress label. Ask your seamstress to sew a personalized dress label into the lining of your dress.
13. Sash. Accentuate your waist with a silk ribbon sash.
14. Gloves. Short or long blue lace gloves will create a nice contrast with your bouquet.
15. Brooch. A vintage or heirloom pin attached to your dress or the ribbon of your bouquet makes a great something old, too.
16. Perfume. Your something blue doesn’t have to be visible. Choose Dolce & Gabbana’s “Light Blue” perfume as your wedding-day scent.
17. Handkerchief. Carry a blue-embroidered hanky around your bouquet or in your skirt pocket for when you need to dry your eyes.
18. “I do” blue crystal shoe appliqués. Apply Mindy Weiss’s blue crystal rhinestones to the soles of your shoes to spell out “I do.” At $3.75, it’s a pretty inexpensive something blue.
19. Flowers. Add blue blooms to your bridal bouquet and have a matching blue boutonniere made for your groom.
20. Veil. Wear a short light blue tulle veil to create a dramatic contrast against your white dress.
21. Garter. Slip on a solid blue garter, or one with blue detail.
22. Hair accessory. Have a blue crystal pin or silk flower placed in your wedding-day ‘do.
23. Stockings. Spanx blue footless sheer tights give a slimming effect to your tummy, hips, thighs and rear.
24. Shoes. Wear your blue shoes again and again after your wedding day.
25. Journal. Carry a blue journal with your vows written inside, and on your wedding night write down all your favorite wedding-day memories before you forget them.
Well? What’s your favorite?